- A Special Purpose Vehicle, “Chandigarh Tri-city Multi-Modal Transport Corporation (CTMTC)” setup for the purpose of starting Metro for the UT and surrounding areas in Punjab and Haryana. Planning and survey carried out.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) submitted the Detailed Project Report of the Chandigarh Metro Project to Punjab Governor and UT Administratoron 16 August, 2012.
- Four corridors were selected for the planned metro network which covered all the major routes of tricity.(The Project has reportedly been abandoned by the NDA government.)
- Second ISBT established in Sector 43 to reduce rush in Sector 17 and divert many long rout buses.
- To strengthen the public transport system, 219 buses were inducted in CTU.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) installed on 100 buses.
50 steel Bus Queue shelters erected.