- “Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna” and “Janashree Bima Yojna” launched by UPA govt. to cover natural death, accidental death, disabilities and to provide scholarships to children of class IX to XII.
- Revised Universal Health Insurance Scheme – premium substantially reduced by 20%, age eligibility extended to 70 years. Pre existing disease included. Maternity benefit and in case of loss of wages, the spouse also brought under scheme with increased benefit.
- Easy Bank loans under revised Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme launched to generate self-employment opportunities for the youth.
- Street Vendors Act enacted by Parliament to vest legal right in people aged above 14 years to license for street vending to enhance self-employment opportunities.
Women and Child Welfare
- Three Child Helplines set up in the Women & Child Support Unit in Sector-17, 46 and PGI.
- Loan under Bank tie-up and Micro Financing by Child and Women Development Corporation Ltd.
- Upgradation and expansion of Working Women Hostel in Sector 24.
- Various Central Government Schemes for pension to the aged, destitute and widows.
- Construction of Mahila Bhawan in Sector 38.
- Snehalaya-home with special training built for children in difficult circumstances(orphans, children of single parents, street children).
- Anganwadi Centres increased to 500 in the city. Honorarium of Anganwadi workers/helpers enhanced from Rs. 400/- to Rs. 1600/- and from 300/- to Rs. 800/-, respectively in 2011.
- SC children living below poverty line imparted training in Dress Designing, Cutting, Tailoring and Embroidery, Computer Hardware & Software, Beauty Culture, Mobile repair, Electricals, Masonry work, Driving, Domestic cook, Carpentry etc.
- As Railways Minister cleared setting up of eight companies of women RPF personnel for security of women passengers.
- Old age pension revised upwards.
- New Senior Citizens’ Home in Sector 43. Proposal to construct another Senior Citizens’ Home approved.
- 24 hour open police helpline 1090 dedicated for senior citizens.
- As Railways Minister: For Freedom fighters renewal of Railway passes only once in three years instead of every year.
Handicapped/Physically Challenged Person