RAJIV GANDHI CHANDIGARH TECHNOLOGY PARK (RGCTP) Inaugurated by Dr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister Of India, RGCTP, a premier ISO 9001:2000 certified Technology Park and home to more than 70 companies having nearly 17,000 employees, It has changed the economic scenario of the city and the vicinity. Accorded Special Economic Zone (SEZ) status by the Government of India to promote exports.
- Entrepreneur Development Centre (EDC) at Rajiv Gandhi Chandigarh Technology Park provides space for young entrepreneurs & MSMEs in the IT sector.
- Samaprk Centres – Started 25 e-Sampark and Gram Sampark Centres under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) with an aim to provide all the services to the citizens online.
- Smart Card Project launched.
- Chandigarh IT Reach out Program –at Bal Bhawan & Madrassas to equip underprivileged students with IT skills.
- C-TOSS –Chandigarh Training on Soft Skills program, an initiative to develop human resource at grass root level and upgrade the basic understanding of written & spoken English language and create talent pool for IT/ITES Industry.
- Cyber Security Research Centre –Set up at Punjab Engineering College in association with NASSCOM. High quality research in Cyber Security & Creating awareness.
- Direct Cash Benefit Transfers Scheme launched on Jan 1, 2013 with direct cash transfer to the UID enabled accounts of around 900 students under pre-matric scholarship scheme.
- E-payment of electricity bills by visiting the website of Chandigarh Engg. Dept.
- Property records automated.
AADHAR – Unique Identity Numbers introduced to provide better and hassle free access to citizens to all govt. services.