Minister of Railways
- 13 new trains introduced in 1 year for Chandigarh. 30 trains now go from Chandigarh or via Chandigarh to link over 100 major cities of India including important business, tourist and pilgrimage cities.
- Upgradation of Chandigarh Railway Station. Earlier, as M.P. city chosen as one of the five stations in the Country to be developed as World Class stations.
- Doubling of Dappar-Chandigarh track sanctioned at a cost of Rs. 200 Cr. to further increase the number of trains to and from Chandigarh.
- State-of-the-art Modern Signaling Equipment Industry approved for Chandigarh to manufacture modern signaling equipment required for safe and better utilization of railway lines. Would also provide employment opportunities to the youth.
- Cleared setting up of Railways related trades ‘Skill Development Centre’ in Chandigarh.
- Announced setting up of a modern base kitchen at Chandigarh for preparation of food in strict hygienic conditions.