- Chandigarh ranked first in India in term of green cover.
- Over 1600 parks and 58 green belts developed by removing decades old malba heaps. Also provided childrens’ playing equipment.
- City awarded Indira Gandhi Vishamitra Award in 2010.
- Development of New Gardens: Garden of Palms Sector 42, Garden of Conifers Sector 52, Japanese Garden Sector 31, Garden of Spring Sector 53, Shivalik Garden in Manimajra, Mini Rose Garden in Sector 24, Moonlit Park and Nehru Park in Sector 22.
- Lotus Park in Sector 52.
- Poinsettia and Ixora Garden in Sector 11.
- Cycas Palm Garden in Sector 15.
- Palm Park in Dadumajra.
- "Valley of Animals", a unique park having different topiary animal forms related to different biosphere zones in Sector 49.
- Illumination, beautification and landscaping of Rose Garden.
- Round-abouts developed into aesthetically planned verdant traffic islands with colorful lighting and fountains.
- JCB and Tippers to MC under MPLADS for clearing of malba and garbage.
- Over 120 Eco-Clubs initiated as a part of National Green Corps to impart knowledge about importance of nature among the student community and generate awareness about protection of nature, wildlife and natural resources.
- To enhance the beauty of the city, fountains/water features introduced with installation of 36 nos. in various green belts and gardens.
Two aesthetic water features on road sides in Industrial Area.