- Chandigarh Police provided with latest equipment, arms & ammunition, effective communication system and mobility.
- Two Mobile Police Stations started.
- Police patrolling intensified through additional deployment of GPS equipped Gypsys and new fleet of motor cycles
- Beat system revamped.
- A state-of-the-art Control Room with GPS facility set up at Police Headquarters.
- Raising of Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB).
- CCTV cameras at 20 busy intersections and all major tourist and public places, Static & PTZ cameras installed on 19 roundabouts /intersections with online connectivity to Traffic Control Room at Traffic Lines.
- Fencing and construction of baffle sealing walls for sectors.